Thursday, June 11, 2015

Gender Neutral Nursery On a Budget Reveal

I have had the most wonderful three months of snuggling and cuddling my new little baby but have decided it is finally time to get back to work. When I last left you, I was preparing my gender neutral nursery for our third kiddo. There is nothing better in my opinion than waiting to find out the gender at the hospital. On a Sunday afternoon in March, we welcomed our precious, little...BOY! Here is a tour of his Little Foxes Nursery.
navy orange light blue nursery

It was such a good idea to prepare the nursery before baby arrived. I made the mistake of not doing this when we had my daughter, and she didn't have a completed room for six months. Let me tell you; it was depressing sitting in an unfinished nursery feeding her every couple of hours. Everything you see in this post was finished and photographed before our precious boy arrived. Here is my inspiration board I started with to get the ball rolling.
Once I finished the room, I thought it leaned a little more masculine, but I decided I could add some feminine touches if we had a girl like flowers or bows on my foxes. Honestly, I had a feeling it was going to be a boy, so I lucked out that I didn't need to make any changes.

I am a very amateur seamstress and made the bedding. I bought the sheet, but I made the skirt, blanket and pillows. If you can thread a machine, you could make a set like this for under $50. The crib is a Walmart special that my daughter used as well. I bought this Baby Mod Modena crib for under $200 three years ago. The price seems to have gone up since then, but it is still a great value.
orange navy crib bedding

I ordered these prints from Etsy and had them printed from an online printing press. The frames are from Hobby Lobby. Total cost for these was under $40.
fox nursery

I found this adorable onesie at Costco. It was in a two pack and under $8 for both of them.

These pomps are a great way to add color to a nursery on the cheap. I used a Martha Stewart tutorial to make these. I also got the tissue paper at Hobby Lobby. They have lots of  colors to choose from in their gift wrapping section. The chair I have used with all my kids. I refinished the night stand on my own, it was another hand-me-down from my daughter's room. I also had a lamp I was going to refinish, but I got the pictured lamp and shade on clearance at Target for under $15. The pillow is from HomeGoods and was under $15, too.
navy nightstand

The hubs and I put this wood plank sign together a couple of weeks before baby arrived. I just love the way it turned out. This is the life verse we chose for baby number three.
verse art

This changing table also belonged to my daughter. It is the South Shore Savannah Collection Table, and I bought it on Amazon. I bought a new changing pad cover to go with it and spray painted the baskets to match since they used to be hot pink. The changing pad rang in at $15 and the spray paint cost me $5. I found the shelf and metal letters at Hobby Lobby for under $40 with the use of my 40% off one item coupon on their app.
little fox nursery

So, there it is. I had a lot a fun putting this room together, and by refinishing and reusing a lot of pieces from my daughter's room I was able to make it happen for under $200! 

Stay tuned because my hubs built me an amazing barn door that I will be featuring on here soon, and I am booking jobs again for the summer. If you have a piece you need refinished, contact me for a quote!

1 comment:

  1. That was an amazing transformation.I have watched your lovely and absolutely enlightening tutorials on your website and YouTube and I am quite a big fan of yours.

    ReplyDelete

09 10