Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cottage Inspired Dining Hutch - Before & After

I know I owe you one more video tutorial on dark wax to complete our dresser makeover we have been working on for a couple of weeks now, but I have lots of other things I have been painting that I have been dying to share with you. So today, I am excited to reveal my cottage inspired dining hutch.



paris grey kitchen hutch


This piece is truly amazing. It is a Thomasville and was in such good condition I almost had a hard time painting it...almost. I bought this thing back in January thinking I would use it in my dining room, but as some of you might remember, I had a dining table and hutch fall into my lap in February that belonged to my husband's nana. After I refinished those, I fell in love with them and their history. This beauty then got shoved into my husband's office until our neighborhood garage sale lit a fire under me to finish this baby off, try to sell it and promote Pretty Distressed.

My garage sale looked more like a showcase. I set up a digital frame with all my work loaded onto it complete with my ever favorite before and after shots. Anyone who merely glanced at these pieces got an earful about my blog and love of furniture painting. It was so much fun. Maybe a warmup for a flea market or vintage show? Lots of people left with my Website in hand. Note to self: I really need some business cards. 
My French Linen dresser that is the star of my Chalk Paint video tutorial series sold this weekend, but this gorgeous hutch still needs a home. It is finished in Paris Grey, and I did an Old White dry brush technique on the back of the shelf to give it a really shabby, cottage vibe. Check out my Shop Furniture tab to purchase this piece and see what else I have for sale. 
annie sloan chalk paint

annie sloan paris grey dark wax

annie sloan chalk paint paris grey

For all of you anxiously awaiting completing the Chalk Paint video tutorial series, the last installment will be on Tuesday where we will apply our dark wax. I will be taking Monday off, and I hope you are, too. Until then, have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Linking up at:








Savvy Southern Style

2 comments:

09 10