Monday, June 2, 2014

Pin-spired: Antiqued Flower Pots Just in Time for Summer

Pinterest strikes again. I was Pin-spired last week to give my old flower pots a makeover just in time for some summer flowers. I learned about using petroleum jelly to distress with spray paint from Holly over at Down to Earth Style. I followed her instructions exactly, so head over to see how it is done. Her project is with a frame but the process is the same no matter what you are painting.

I had a surplus of Aquaphor, so I used that instead going out to the store for petroleum jelly. For the first coat, I sprayed my holders down with some Rust-oleum Metallic Spray Paint in Hammered Black. Once that dried, I spread on my Aquaphor goop in random patches. Then, I sprayed them with Rust-oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover 2X General Purpose Spray Paint in Heirloom White. I waited for it to dry again. Then, I used a putty knife to scrape off the spots slathered in my goop. I also scraped some random spots with my putty knife for more distressing.





There you go. A quick and easy update completed during one nap time. You got to love that instant gratification. This project is part of my deck makeover I hope to be sharing soon. Are you working on sprucing up any outdoor spaces for summer?

1 comment:

09 10