Monday, July 28, 2014

Birthday Tradition - Frozen Applique Shirt

My little princess turned two this weekend, so not much crafting or painting was going on. We threw a small family party at our home and covered it head to toe in all things Frozen. I am sure all you mothers out there can relate. My daughter is obsessed! 

Today, I thought I would share with you a quick little project I did for the party. Ever since I got my first sewing machine a couple of years ago, I have a tradition of making an appliqué birthday shirt for my kids. 
frozen birthday shirt

I use this simple appliqué tutorial from Crystal at Little Bit Funky. It is really easy, so a beginner can accomplish it. If you don't feel like messing around with finding the perfect font, here is an appliqué site that has some cute letters and numbers in different sizes all ready to print out.


And if you don't have a machine, you can still follow all the steps in the tutorial and just skip the stitching part. The iron on adhesive works well enough by itself to last a few wears. I always get my shirts at Target. No matter what season, they have Circo plain tops for $5 or under, and there are usually around four colors to choose from for both boys and girls.
frozen birthday shirt

This really is a quick and easy craft. It only takes me around 20 minutes to whip up a shirt, and it makes you feel like one of those super moms. You'll be saying, "No, I didn't buy it on Etsy. I made it myself." What do you think? Do you think you could tackle this?

As, a little bonus I wanted to share the cake her Nene, aka grandma, made for her. She makes cakes as a hobby, and they are amazing!
frozen cake

1 comment:

09 10