Thursday, October 23, 2014

Duck Egg Blue Love

It's my favorite kind of day here at Pretty Distressed- a reveal day. I recently got to refinish this roll top desk and was totally grateful that my client let me come shoot it in her home.

duck egg blue

I have been wanting to refinish a desk for a long time, and I literally jumped for joy when she selected Duck Egg Blue (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®) as her color. I have done accent pieces in this color all over my house, but have never been brave enough to paint an entire piece with it. I used Old White on the back of the desk to provide a little contrast and didn't wax it so it has a nice chalky look. The hardware was also painted with Old White and finished with Annie Sloan Clear Wax.
pretty distressed

She is a girl after my own heart and really let me distress the tar out of this thing. I also used a lot of Annie Sloan Dark Wax to antique it even farther. I shot this piece in its new home, an amazing three season porch off their kitchen with tons of windows and natural light. The thing that got me most excited is how well the Duck Egg Blue looks against the rust colored concrete floor. Gorge!


annie sloan roll top desk
I am very excited to add this beauty to my portfolio and am thinking I need to find a piece to paint Duck Egg Blue for my home. How about you? Would you be brave enough? If you have doubts, I hope this piece puts them at ease.

This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission on products you buy through these links.

7 comments:

  1. So Pretty! I love Duck Egg Blue!

    Kelsey @ the Vintage Storehouse & Co.

    PS- Would love to have you share & link up at ReLoved Fridays! The link party is open until Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a roll top just like this that I couldn't decide what to do..Now I know.
    Did you do any sanding first?
    Is this an Annie Sloan duck Egg blue?
    step by step please..looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue. There is no need to sanding or prepping needed. If you need some step by step instructions of my process check out my video tutorial tab at the top of my blog. Happy Painting!

      Delete
  3. That's sooooo gorgeous!! I wish I had the nerve to paint my roll top desk! It turned out beautifully!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's sooooo gorgeous!! I wish I had the nerve to paint my roll top desk! It turned out beautifully!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I painted a bookcase in Duck Egg Blue with Coco as accent. Love it. Nothing to be afraid of ,Duck Eff Blue looks great ,,,,always!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One in the same!

    ReplyDelete

09 10