Monday, February 1, 2016

Goodwill Dresser Video Tutorial - Part 3 (Dark Wax)

Thanks for coming back to see the last installment of my Goodwill Dresser video tutorial series. Today, I am covering the topic that seems to give most furniture refinishers the highest anxiety- dark wax. But let me put your fears to rest, it isn't really that tricky to master.  Annie Sloan Dark Wax is amazing stuff. It gives your piece an instant antique look that would normally take about a hundred years to occur naturally.

In case you don't know anything about my Goodwill Dresser, here she is.

I created this series, so you can get this same look right in your home. I think this will always be one of my favorite pieces, and once you create your own, you might just feel the same.


Here are some links to products used in this tutorial:

Make sure you check out the other videos in this series, Part 1 and Part 2. I would love to see your creations, so send me your before and after shots if you decided to try this technique out on your own. 

7 comments:

  1. Can you do a post or video on spray painting & all your painting tools?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an insightful and absolutely useful tutorial. Also part1 and 2 in this series has been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Just wanted to say thank you for all the information you shared. You inspired me to refinish and distress my ancient bedroom furniture that needed to be replaced. I did now have the money to buy a new set. am currently working on my furniture and I absolutely love how it is turning out.
    I will try to attach pictures of the finished product. I wouldn't have known how to do this without your blog posts. I am a very visual person so your videos helped me tremendously! Thanks again! Keep the videos coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am new to chalk painting. Can you put a layer of clear coat on the pieces? I don't want to have wax come off on cloths or anything that sits on top of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! 1. What font is being used in your comment section? It's adorable and I would like to use it on a graphic transfer. 2. Do, or can you seal the top with anything over the waxed chalk paint? Or would you just not wax the top, do a graphic transfer and seal that with a varnish? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! 1. What font is being used in your comment section? It's adorable and I would like to use it on a graphic transfer. 2. Do, or can you seal the top with anything over the waxed chalk paint? Or would you just not wax the top, do a graphic transfer and seal that with a varnish? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, can you tell us what brush you are using for the dark wax? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

09 10