Monday, September 29, 2014

Applying Annie Sloan® Soft Wax with a Lint Free Cloth

I have been busy working on some client pieces this past week and was inspired to share another video tutorial with you. People always ask me if you need to get a wax brush to wax your furniture, and the answer is "no." In fact, I think most newbies out there will find it a little easier to apply wax for the first time with a lint free cloth versus a wax brush.



I have been doing this for a while now, and I use both. I like a wax brush for really detailed pieces and chairs, but I like to use a rag for large flat surfaces like on a dresser. So if you are thinking about tackling your first piece, try the cloth application and save your money for a wax brush if you really get into painting furniture like me.
If you need more tips on painting furniture, you can check out my Video Tutorial tab to see my library of videos.

I hope you are enjoying my tutorials. Have a question? Make sure to shoot me a line if there is anything you want to see that I haven't covered yet. Check back for some fun reveals coming soon.

7 comments:

  1. what type of mask do you wear when pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have a basic respirator mask from the paint section at Home Depot. It works well enough to reduce the odors and dust.

      Delete
  2. wow learning so much from your site! Trying to decide what color to paint my large entertainment hutch...I'm working towards a beach coastal theme in my home with calming neutrals...any suggestions? Coco maybe??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Cheri. I think Old White is a classic choice for a coastal look and Paris Grey is also a great neutral. If you are looking for something a little warmer, Coco would work. Best of luck!

      Delete
  3. Do you offer classes or a one on one teaching at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The conventional way of melting wax is not too helpful in most conditions. For example , can you envision using bulky heating equipment in just a little area, The Best Here while traveling, or in just a professional setting such as a spa, salon, beauty centre or massage parlor?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. Best Wax Warmers 2018

    ReplyDelete

09 10