Thursday, October 9, 2014

Why Buy New When You Can Make Craigslist Furniture Look this Good

A while back I shared an Antique Kitchen Table makeover with you that was painted with Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan in the color Coco. This table was so beautiful, I was really bummed that I didn't get to do a proper photo shoot with it and the chairs I refinished to complete the set. Recently, my client was gracious enough to send some pictures of this beauty in her home, and I am super excited to share them with you.

Just as a refresher, here is what the table and chairs looked like before I started. The table was a true antique and the chairs where more modern and originally from Pier1. They were completely different colors and styles both found on Craigslist. By painting them the same color, we were able to achieve a cohesive set which is great news for you other flea market and Craigslist hunters.


Here is the completed set all styled and looking gorgeous in its home. I told you my client has amazing taste. Thank you so much to her for giving us a peek into her home!



I don't think anyone should buy brand new furniture for their house. Why should you when you can make something old look this beautiful!

7 comments:

  1. Christina, this is soooo beautiful! It looks amazing in her home. Coco is one of my all time favorite AS colors. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have a similar antique dining table that I recently bought on an estate sale. Would love to chalk paint it myself! I'm so inspired and excited to DIM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome!!! So glad I found you as I have just discovered Annie Sloan and my new "creative" side..ha...really fabulous work and gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool and very informative info you shared here and Its really awesome information to look. thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good review! I have gone throw your article. I am totally surprised to see this fantastic blog on home furnishing. Thanks for this great share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bloody hell, I don't think I've ever come across an antique piece of furniture which has, as a result of poor taste, been ruined so badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say the title of this site is spot on! I am indeed pretty distressed after visiting it!

      Delete

09 10