Monday, January 5, 2015

Preparing a Gender Neutral Nursery Part 2 - Little Foxes

As some of you might remember, we are keeping the gender of our baby a surprise until his/her delivery day in April. I learned from the birth of our daughter that taking care of a newborn and trying to finish a nursery is next to impossible, so I will be creating a gender neutral nursery before our baby's arrival.

There have been lots of changes going on at the Muscari house this holiday break. My hard working hubby was able to take two weeks off and nesting was in full effect for our little bundle. My oldest finally graduated to a full size bed, and our soon to be middle child is out of her crib and in a toddler bed. So, this week is all about the baby's room. We got rid of the lilac walls in our spare room and painted it a white neutral from the Sherwin Williams Pottery Barn collection, Pediment. This is the color I have in my foyer and upstairs hallway, and we had enough left over to finish off the room. Decorating on a budget is in full effect. We will also be using the crib, changing table and upholstered chair from my daughter's room.

Last time we talked gender neutral nurseries, I shared with you my Nautical inspired room. While I still love this idea, I have gone in a little bit of different direction and settled on a Little Fox room.
fox nursery

The color scheme is going to be light blue, navy and orange with some natural wood accents. I think this leans a little bit more to the boy side as most gender neutral nurseries do, but I plan on adding some girly accessories if needed.

Like this chandelier:

AF Lighting 8682-4H Naples Mini Chandelier 4 Light Crafted

Or some flower pom poms for over the crib:

navy nursery decorations

Tissue Paper Pom Pom Flower Ball

I will be sewing my own crib bedding, so look for a future post on that. I have narrowed down my fabric choices and should be getting to work on that soon. I will also be painting a nightstand I have in navy- again post to follow. I can't wait to bring this inspiration board to life. I hope you will enjoy the process with me.

Anyone else working on redecorating a room? I feel like the new year always brings lots of inspiration and an inch for some change. I would love to hear about what you are working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10